HCML specialises in supporting people who have been injured or are ill, managing their recovery and helping them return as close as to their pre-injury/ illness level of and fitness as is possible. We achieve positive return to work outcomes through the collaboration of all interested parties in line with the Rehabilitation Code.
The process is known as case management and all of HCML case managers are professional qualified clinicians from, but not limited to, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Osteopathy, Neurology, Occupational Therapy, and Psychology. Professional Case Management (PCM) has an important role to play in ensuring clients obtain effective outcomes while constraining costs and resources, and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction. PCM is effective in yielding specific cost-benefits including faster return to work, reduced claim costs, and shorter claim duration.
Key Aspects of Case Management
- Providing treatment that is necessary involves offering the least intensive intervention that will provide benefit toward specific goals.
- Determining whether treatment is appropriate requires objective understanding of its value and excellent knowledge of what works and what doesn’t.
- Obtaining healthcare services that are of the quality required depends on setting clear goals for the individual, then objectively monitoring progress toward these and outcomes.
- Determining whether treatment is timely requires excellent knowledge of the usual course of an injury or disorder and the expected timeframes involved, along with knowledge about evidence of when specific healthcare is most effective.
- Matching client needs with effectiveness of healthcare, and coordinating an early and sustainable return to activity and work can more efficiently use resources.
- Any case with the potential to facilitate faster return to activity and work, and to shorten overall claim duration is a candidate for professional case management.
- Cases may be appropriately excluded when no value can be added, or there are significant is with client motivation or willingness to participate.
HCML operate under the guidance of a fully independent medical board of globally renowned clinical experts, whilst being represented on the board of CMSUK. These associations ensure ethical best practice and delivery with integrity, of all HCML services. HCML are always focused on delivering efficient patient centric services at non inflated costs. HCML do not take commissions for arranging treatment services unlike traditional insurance based industries, and equally will always look to employ NHS services before sourcing private care, providing this is appropriate, timely and cost effective.
For more information of case management clinical pathways click here.
For more information on HCML’s assessment methodologies click here.
For more information on HCML’s Catastrophic Team case managers click here.