About the role:
HCML’s absence management services are designed to help individuals who are injured or unwell to stay in work or return to work as quickly and safely as possible.
The right case manager will assess individuals telephonically, in their homes or work places and develop, through close liaison with the individual and their employer, a plan that will support the individual in managing their symptoms as well as support the employer to understand their employees situation, make reasonable adjustments and support the graded return to work of the individual.
Assessment types range from a light touch telephonic assessment to an ergonomic workstation assessment and more complex face to face assessments designed to manage long term absence. The right clinician will be able to carry out some or all of these assessment types.
- Clinical qualification (occupational therapy, physiotherapy, nursing, occupational psychology or similar)
- Registration with the relevant governing bodies (HCPC, NMC or similar)
- Experience of a wide range of clinical conditions
- Experience of clinical assessment
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Report writing skills
- Experience managing return to work cases
- Understanding of employment law
- Experience of designing graded return to work plans
- Working knowledge of office ergonomic equipment
HCML promotes equality and diversity. All successful applications will be subject to a DBS check.