HCML are a leading provider of rehabilitation services nationwide to the corporate, general and private medical insurance sectors. Having been recently acquired by private equity firm Apposite Capital LLP, our Finance Director is looking for a strong number two to support our plans to double the business within four years. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Finance Manager to gain fantastic experience in a high-growth business environment, with strong analytical and reporting requirements.
Purpose of the role:
Responsible for the day to day running of the Finance function for HCML; managing the team, the production of all management accounts and reporting, revenue and cash management, Finance partnering and support to the Operating Board / Business Unit heads, and for the financial control environment and processes.
- Management of financial operations and bookkeeping including transactional finance and production of the Management Accounts to TB level.
- To produce/oversee the production of all supporting reconciliations, schedules and posting of associated journals (e.g. bank reconciliations, accruals, prepayments, accrued revenue, deferred revenue, depreciation etc.)
- Responsible for overseeing maintenance of the purchase and general ledgers including account maintenance, month and year end processes, running trial balances and the posting of journals
- Preparation and reconciliation of VAT returns
- Responsibility for payroll allocations, P11d’s & PSA’s.
- Implement administrative structure and maintain processes. Being the link between Finance and Operations of HCML.
- Manage team of 4 direct reports.
- Provide support to the Finance Director as required.
- Bookkeeping and accounting experience including Management Accounts preparation.
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA accountant.
- Great attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills including advanced Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- High degree of flexibility and able to adapt quickly.
- A proactive and energetic personality.
- Can do attitude and team player.
- Discretionary company bonus
- 33 days’ holiday including public holidays
- 6% employer pension contribution on successful completion of probation
- 20 days’ company sick pay in any 12 month rolling period
- Employee assistance programme