What we are about
HCML is the UK’s leading provider of professional rehabilitation and case management services to the insurance industry, solicitors and corporate clients. Our services are structured and governed by our world-class medical advisory board, which includes rehabilitation and spinal injury experts, as well as medical advisers to the UK government. From absence management to tailored rehabilitation programmes, we ensure the patient/injured party journey is as smooth and effective as possible without over-medicalising the process.
What’s the team like
Our team is a diverse, ambitious and outgoing bunch, with credentials and experience gained from a variety of industries. We work together to support the business’s needs and you’ll see tangible outputs and decisions being made as a direct result of your work.
What you’ll be doing
HCML is looking for a new Management Accountant to join our team. This role will suit a qualified accountant with 1-2 years PQ who has experience producing full management and statutory accounts in a complex environment. The role also includes supporting the annual budgeting and reforecasting process, providing analysis to the Board on which decisions will be made.
- Produce the monthly management accounts.
- Own the balance sheet, producing full monthly balance sheet reconciliations and reviewing all balance sheet accounts for accuracy.
- Continually review the methodology of balance sheet calculations to ensure changes across the business are accounted for. HCML has a wide range of product lines and operational processes that are continuously being developed.
- Maintain the general ledger, chart of accounts and be the owner of Access Dimensions (accounting software).
Statutory Accounts & Audit
- Run the annual external audit process liaising with the auditors and producing the audit pack.
- Lead on the production of the statutory accounts for the group, reconciled back to the management accounts.
- Keep up to date with changes in accounting standards ensuring accounting policies and procedures are up to date.
Business Partnering / Analysis
- Produce and develop a new monthly board pack. Board pack to be developed to include business KPIs and full financial analysis.
- Support the Financial Controller in running the annual budget and reforecasting process.
- Support the Board and department heads providing financial analysis, MI and insight.
- Support on cash flow forecasting and working capital management
- Provide support to the Financial Controller and rest of the Finance team as required.
- Support on company tax computations, tax planning and VAT, managing the completion of CT returns with external tax advisers.
- Assist with payroll when required.
- Completion and submission of periodic statistical ONS questionnaires.
- Support in developing the internal control environment.
- Ad hoc finance duties.
- Undertake any other duties required, commensurate with the grade and level of authority of the post.
- Proactively identify, share and implement ways to continuously improve HCML as a business and employer.
- Abide by the HCML policies and procedures, and remain up-to-date with any changes
- Undergraduate Degree – at least a 2.1
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- At least 1-2 years PQE
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Strong communication skills and excellent ability to explain financial matters to non-financial stakeholders
- Excellent ability to independently understand operational procedures across a business and understand how these interact with financial processes and impact the accounts
- Effective management and improvement of financial processes and controls
- Strong Excel skills (VBA not required)
- Experience in producing full management accounts
- Experience in external audit processes and procedures
- Experience in producing full statutory accounts
- Experience in developing and changing accounting processes in conjunction with operational leads
- Self-starter – with a can-do attitude and the drive to improve processes and procedures
- Intelligent – ability to understand a large number of services lines and a complex operating environment, translating activity into accounts
- Detail Orientated – high attention to detail and strong numerical accuracy
- Collaborative – confident working across all operational areas of the business with clear communication
- Experienced in business partnering, producing budgets and forecasts including working closely with department heads