Occupational Therapist Rehabilitation Case Manager & Account Lead
Main purpose of the role:
Responsible for conducting clinically excellent return to work and absence-focused assessments, producing exceptional employee and employer facing assessment reports, providing ongoing case management services, ensuring market-leading experience for Corporate customers and employees, providing first-line response services for major incidents, delivering engaging wellbeing and absence-prevention services, and leading customer/account interactions. Specialising in occupational rehabilitation and customer management.
Clinical Service Delivery:
– Conduct clinically excellent Assessments of employees either remotely or in person as requested by Corporate Customer/Insurer.
– Produce clinically excellent and valuable management action plan and progress reports (inc. return to work plans) for employers/insurers following assessment.
– Use evidence-based, client-centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate appropriate interventions and clinical pathways.
– Effectively manage and contribute to the management of cases where required using the biopsychosocial model in combination with advanced management and treatment plans e.g. diagnostics, imaging, psychotherapies, consultant reviews, pain management, utilising support from other clinicians in the team (multi-disciplinary approach).
– Contribute effectively to the financial, clinical and operational objectives of the business area, working in line with agreed service standards, KPIs, timescales.
– Produce customer-specific wellbeing and prevention materials, delivering engaging, bespoke training for Corporate customers and their employees.
– Provide first-line response services (remote or in person) to major incidents relating to Corporate customers/insurers.
– Work collaboratively within HCML’s multi-disciplinary team to ensure exceptional end-to-end clinical case management services are provided for all Corporate customers.
– Support the Corporate Health management team with account (customer) management duties including tactical and strategic planning for individual customers.
– Effective communication with each customer to agree and support implementation of any recommendations that are feasible/achievable/cost-effective for each customer whilst being of benefit to the employee.
– Provide useful and timely updates to the customer in line with agreed SLAs.
– Support customers with deciding which assessment type is most appropriate with the use of clinical knowledge and needs of the business.
– Provide employee and customer-centred services at all times, ensuring fulfilment of agreed clinical practices.
– Provide customers with service-related management information and proof of value data.
– Actively seek advice from other members of the team with differing experience where necessary, escalating cases where a second clinical opinion is required.
– Review and discuss ways of working and actively promote and suggest clinical and quality improvements to business area Managers.
– Support and/or lead projects and implement planned improvements which enhance efficiency, quality or customer service within the team.
– Work collaboratively with Managers and Clinical Leads to ensure improvement opportunities are identified (across all aspects of service delivery) at the earliest possible time, and remedial action.
Corporate & Departmental Responsibilities
– Ensure case billing and service invoicing is up to date and correct.
– Ensure customer service level agreements are achieved on all files to aid in achieving department targets
– Ensure clinical quality is always to the highest standard to add to customer satisfaction, improve outcomes and prove value
– Ensure all appropriate patient records are recorded using HCML’s case management system.
– Comply with all regulatory and legislative standards and/or processes as outlined under HCML’s quality management system.
Qualifications and Experience
– Occupational Therapy degree
– Current registration with the appropriate professional body (e.g. HCPC)
– Clinical or case management experience as outlined at the time of advertisement
– Clinical exposure to, and face to face experience with patients in the sphere of physical and mental health (may include a placement or in a voluntary / community setting)
– Member of CMSUK
– Previous experience in customer services, occupational health, case management, return to work assessments
– Experience in delivering bespoke clinical wellbeing and/or prevention services
– Proven ability to provide first-line clinical response services to major incidents
– Account Management experience
– Experience with management information and leading customer engagement
– Ability to complete a comprehensive assessment gathering and recording necessary information.
– Ability to advise and manage a patient self-help programme where appropriate including directing them to suitable statutory services
– Ability to produce appropriate and useful recommendations within reports to support return to work or sustain someone being in work.
– Excellent written communication including report writing and disciplined case noting
– Excellent verbal communication including by telephone with all necessary stakeholder
– Excellent time management, prioritisation and organisational skills
– Aptitude for case management, goal-focused approach to planning