Worker – Occupational Therapist/Psychologist – VA232
Location: Scotland (Glasgow/Edinburgh preferred)
Job type: Part-time or full-time, on flexible zero hours contract basis
Salary/rate: £16-24 per hour DOE
Due to service growth, HCML are advertising the opportunity for a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist or Occupational Therapist (with mental health experience) to join our expert team of clinicians. This is currently a role that is typically home-based, however will include occasional in-person assessments with a reasonable radius of your home location. The successful applicant will primarily deliver telephonic and video-based assessments to our customers, focusing on return to work/absence management.
Applicants should have:
- A qualification in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Psychology, or Occupational Therapy
- Demonstrable experience operating as a CBT or Occupational Therapist
- Valid professional membership (and insurance) with a recognised, associated body (BABCP, HCPC, BPS, etc.)
- The ability to work from home, to travel to an HCML office where required, and a means of travel (private or public) for face-to-face appointments (where required)
This is a clinical role that requires assessment of customer employees, exceptional stakeholder management (pre and post assessment) and post-assessment case management. Signposting and tailored clinical recommendations are fundamental components of the role, whilst prevention sessions and clinic day (group) delivery contribute to making this an attractive, varied role.
The successful candidate will be as passionate about delivering excellent customer service as they are first-class clinical assessment services.
- Ability to deliver clinically-excellent, comprehensive telephonic, video and face-to-face assessments (in absence management & return to work-centred services – primarily telephonic and video-based)
- Ability to provide thorough and appropriate pathway advice (signposting) and to prescribe effective and safe management recommendations
- Client-focussed clinician able to effectively engage other clinicians and key stakeholders
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Ability to work flexibly, as a team and independently
- Aptitude to critically assess clinical performance and support or supervise others to improved outcomes or performance
- Ability to identify trends and to appropriately develop educational materials to support effective outcomes across a team
- Eagerness to commit to continued professional development and the skill to influence other clinicians
This role is currently a part-time opportunity, though increasing hours may be possible for the right candidate and over the coming months. Ideally, we are looking for a candidate that can offer a minimum of 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Current business hours (weekdays) – 8.00am – 6.00pm.
- Offered on a zero-hours contract basis paying £16-24p/h
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday (pro-rata)
- Direct learning & CPD opportunities with colleagues & HCML’s Medical Director
- Generous pension scheme
- Online yoga sessions and monthly Wellbeing webinars
- Flexible working arrangements with part-time and full-time options available
- Health Cash Plan including EAP access and Perks (discount rates)
- Regular team events and socials
HCML is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
All successful candidates will be subject to DBS checks.Apply for this role