Location: Home based with regional travel
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000, dependent on experience
Purpose of the role
To assess and understand an injured person’s specific needs and use your clinical and professional skills to ensure a maximal recovery. This extends beyond just the individual’s presenting physical and functional abilities, encompassing all aspects of their social and vocational situations and life participation.
- Instructing, coordinating and progressing multi-disciplinary intervention with your client as the central focus.
- Work alongside other invested stakeholders such as solicitors and insurers, which allows access to funding for private and augmentative intervention that may not be possible within standard statutory service provision.
|Leadership:||Demonstrate clinical expertise in advocating for the client’s needs.|
|Operational & stakeholder management:||Liaise with multi-disciplinary teams including solicitors, insurers, healthcare providers and others involved in the rehabilitation process. Demonstrate commercial acumen by meeting and exceeding key targets and deliverables.|
|Managerial:||People management of team.|
|HCML citizen:||Uphold the values and maintain the reputation of HCML Group.|
- Minimum of five years of clinical experience in one or all of the following fields of rehabilitation: complex orthopedics, brain injury or neuro-rehab, spinal cord injury, amputations.
- Experience in the field of rehabilitation case management.
- Experience in or understanding of the personal injury rehabilitation market.
- Disability assessment experience.
Skills & knowledge
- Flexible thinking and problem solving.
- Excellent time management and administration skills.
- Excellent written skills – compilation of extensive reports, attention to detail, professional email communication.
- Ability to assess holistically and compile clinically sound recommendations for intervention.
- Ability to direct and co-ordinate a multitude of different services to ensure effective outcomes.
- Ability to convince and influence stakeholders by sound clinical judgement and reasoning.
- Willingness to travel to hospital, residential and clinic locations under own means or via public transport.
- An understanding of statutory services provisions in relation to life-changing injuries.
- Caring, empathetic and a good communicator.
- Working from within the UK, in the stipulated geographic location.
Qualifications & training
- Qualification in Nursing, Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy.
- Active HCPC registration, professional board membership and public liability insurance.
- Competitive, market-related salary.
- 25 days of annual leave, plus bank holiday.
- Company pension scheme with company contribution.
- Health Cash Plan, with various levels of cover.
- Working within a robust case management team staffed by multi-disciplinary professionals in a successful, growing company.
- Company commitment to staff development and growth.
- Home working and flexible working hour opportunities.
- Travel expenses (client related) fully covered.
- Professional memberships sponsored after first year of service.
All successful candidates will be subject to DBS checks.
HCML is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.