***Role Suitable for Recent Graduates***
Strong Development Opportunities
Main purpose of the role:
Responsible for conducting and producing clinically appropriate assessments/reports and ongoing case management where appropriate with the delivery of excellent customer service to Corporate customers and employees. Specialises in case management/assessments for occupational rehabilitation purposes.
Clinical Service Delivery:
– Conduct clinically excellent Assessments of employees either remotely or in person as requested by Corporate Customer/Insurer.
– Produce clinically excellent and useful management action plan reports/ appropriate reports/ Return to work plans for employers/insurers following the assessment.
– Use evidence based / client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate appropriate interventions and clinical pathways where appropriate.
– Effectively manage and contribute to the management of cases where required using the bio-psycho-social model in combination with advanced management and treatment plans e.g. diagnostics, imaging, CBT, consultant review, pain management, utilising support from other clinicians in the team
– Contribute to the team’s financial, clinical and operational objectives, working in line with agreed service standards, KPIs, timescales
– Delivery of wellbeing sessions/education to customers on a bespoke basis.
– Effective communication with each customer to agree and support implementation of any recommendations that are feasible/achievable/cost effective for each customer whilst being of benefit to the employee.
– Provide useful and timely updates to the customer in line with agrees SLAs.
– Support customers with deciding which assessment type is most appropriate with the use of clinical knowledge and needs of the business.
– Actively seek advice from other members of the team with differing experience where necessary, escalating cases where a second clinical opinion is required
– Review and discuss ways of working and actively promote and suggest clinical and quality improvements to Team Managers
– Lead or support projects and implement planned improvements which improve efficiency, quality or customer service within the team
Corporate & Departmental Responsibilities
– Keep billing on cases up to date and correct
– Ensure all appropriate patient records are recorded using case management system
Qualifications and Experience
-Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy degree
– Current registration with the appropriate professional body (e.g. HCPC)
– Clinical or case management experience as outlined at the time of advertisement
– Clinical exposure and face to face experience with patients (may include a placement or in a voluntary / community setting
– Member of CMS UK
– Previous experience in customer services, occupational health, case management
– Ability to complete a comprehensive assessment either face to face or remotely gathering and recording necessary information.
– Ability to advise and manage a patient self-help programme where appropriate
– Ability to produce appropriate and useful recommendations within reports to support return to work or sustain someone being in work.
– Excellent written communication including report writing and disciplined case noting
– Excellent verbal communication including by telephone and face to face
– Excellent time management, prioritisation and organisational skills
– Aptitude for case management, goal-focussed approach to planning
– Strong communication skills including rapport-building, assertiveness and negotiation
– Comfortable negotiating with other clinicians including consultants, councillors, psychologists and physiotherapists