HCML is a private injury rehabilitation company, working with solicitors, insurance companies and employers to provide a range of treatment services to injured parties.
Due to our business expanding and our team growing, HCML are now looking for a Team Leader to join them in their Treatment Services division based in Bristol.
This is a new role in an agile and fast-growing part of the business and would suit an ambitious and enthusiastic individual keen to apply their skills to creating a structured, well-organised and high-performing team.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Treatment Services. This is a great opportunity to drive forward performance through developing your own and your team’s skills whilst delivering exceptional outcomes for your customers.
You will be responsible for leading a team of Case Coordinators to provide exceptional customer service, ensuring our patients receive fast, effective treatment and that all administrative and contact centre processes are delivered efficiently and accurately.
Being a key port of call for our customers, you will be skilled at complaint resolution and able to handle complex queries involving multiple stakeholders. You will be happy to get your hands dirty and lead from the front, playing an active role in completing tasks and helping your team achieve their targets.
HCML is committed to a culture of continuous improvement and as the first Team Leader in the department, you will have a key role to play in process improvement, looking at ways to increase both quality and productivity and to ensure that we remain the first choice partner for our customers and our patients.
- Manage a team of Case Coordinators (currently 6), completing monthly 1:1s and appraisals and facilitating personal development of direct reports
- Conduct training, induction and development of any new starters
- Provide advice and guidance to the team on handling complex queries
- Distribute workloads and monitor outstanding tasks to ensure targets are met across the department
- Manage holiday, sickness and breaks to ensure adequate coverage across the team
Quality and Productivity
- Constantly review processes and procedures to ensure consistent, quality service provision, accuracy of reporting and efficiency of task completion
- Complete regular case audits to provide feedback to direct reports and Senior Managers to help improve both individual and team performance
- Set goals and objectives for the team, aligned with company values and our culture of continuous improvement
- Ensure that departmental procedures are saved to HCML’s Quality Management System (QMS) and that no other, contrary versions exist
Complaints and escalations
- Be a key port of call for customers, suppliers and patients for any complaints, issues or expressions of dissatisfaction
- Resolve all issues in a timely and mutually agreeable fashion
- Ensure the accurate reporting of all of the above and analyse results to determine trends and areas for improvement
- Deal with any escalated cases working closely with suppliers to ensure fast and efficient resolution of any issues
- Accurately identify cases or situations which require escalation to more senior management
Rehabilitation Case Coordination
- Learn, understand and become expert in all aspects of the Rehab Case Coordinator role
- Contribute to team workloads, helping to achieve targets and learning from experience
- Recommend and make changes as a result of your experiences
- Lead from the front and set the example in your work for others to follow
Service Delivery & Systems
- Oversee incoming call process and ensure answer rate and time available targets are met or exceeded
- Become an expert user of our internal database system (CMS) providing advice to team members and feedback on improvements
- Have a high level of competency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excell, Power-point and Adobe Acrobat
- Understand the impact of profit and loss on individual cases and how the work of the team impacts on the profitability of the department and the company as a whole
- Work in accordance with policies and procedures in relation to Health & Safety, Equal Opportunity & Diversity and all other company policies relevant to your role (available from the company intranet)
- Where departmental procedure documents need updating, highlight and make the appropriate changes
- Ensure all Treatment Services training documentation remains complete and up-to-date
- Have an understanding of all services offered by HCML and build relationships with all key members of staff
- Excellent written & clear spoken English
- Highly organised and flexible to respond to changing priorities or project demands
- Able to act on your own initiative without management supervision
- Computer literate
- Solutions-focused approach
- Some experience of managing or supervising other staff
- This is a role for an energized and enthusiastic individual comfortable encouraging and developing others to greater performance. You must be calm under pressure, reliable, and have experience of working in a fast-paced and changing environment. You need to have good organisational skills, be an effective communicator and possess highly-developed interpersonal skills as well as the ability to think and act outside the box.
- Proven experience of high-performance in an administration and/or customer services role
- Basic understanding of profit and loss
- Process and procedure writing
- Experience working in a results-driven environment
- Demonstrable commitment to continuous improvement in yourself and/or others
- Educated to degree level or equivalent