Purpose of Role:
The delivery of a pro-active telephonic based case management service for rehabilitation clients, which utilises a biopsychosocial model and stepped care approach to rehabilitation. The case manager will be required to provide clinical and rehabilitation assistance and advice to expertly manage the rehabilitation of injured clients, constantly ensuring they enlist the required intervention to support the rehab client’s achievement of goals such as maximising independence and return to work. The case manager will also be responsible for customer delight and meeting quality and revenue standards in line with contractual customer SLAs and personal KPIs. The role is ideal for a newly qualified healthcare professional or someone looking to start their career in Rehabilitation Case Management, with exciting career opportunities for development for the successful candidate.
Client & Key Stakeholder Contact Liaison
- Be aware of customer requirements when delivering rehabilitation case management services; mindful that you will be liaising with customers (insurers & solicitors), clients, medical and health and social care practitioners, among others.
- Written and verbal communication of the highest standards and to manage potentially challenging situations. Adherence to prescribed codes of clinical and case management practice in all interactions with clients, customers and stakeholders.
- Keeping of contemporaneous case management notes in line with codes of clinical and case management practice. Production of professional reports, referral letters and general correspondence to support and direct the effective management of clients’ rehabilitation.
- Be able to build meaningful and professional relationships with clients, customers and all other stakeholders involved in cases to facilitate clients in achieving their rehabilitation goals in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- Undertake telephonic assessments to identify clients’ needs and then facilitate rehabilitation with a holistic and supportive approach
- Facilitate efficient client care through facilitation of the most clinically appropriate treatment interventions/pathways to most effectively meet their needs, either via the NHS, statutory or private provision.
- To achieve agreed personal and team-based revenue targets, in line with agreed working practices and contractual customer agreements.Provide feedback to Operations Managers where you feel that processes/practices/systems could be amended to improve the customer experience and/or drive improved ways of working.
- Be responsible for ensuring that clients’ files are charged and invoiced appropriately in-line with agreed working practices and contractual customer agreements.
Service Delivery & Systems
- Work in line with agreed service standards, KPIs and timescales in delivering telephonic assessments and technology supported case management services (e.g. phone, e-mail, text, and other technology driven communications).
- Work proactively and independently to manage own task list cases within agreed timeframes; work to prioritize work appropriately as the task requires.
- Regular and proficient use of Case Management System (CMS), MS Office software, internet, intranet, fax, scanners, printers, and software as required by HCML to provide case management services.Be able to locate and evaluate the appropriateness of a service or treatment provider to effectively support needs of the clients; be able to effectively monitor this provider and seek guidance from Operations Managers as required.
- Be able to provide clinical review and insight to clients and customers when processing treatment reports to provide sound clinical justification for selected treatment pathways.
- Be able to effectively escalate any matter to the appropriate individual(s) to ensure that HCML maintains its high standards of customer and client service provision.
- Work in accordance with policies and procedures in relation to Health & Safety, Equal Opportunity & Diversity and all other company policies relevant to your role (available from the company intranet)
- Actively and collaboratively engage in HCML’s 1:1 and appraisal process as a means of facilitating your personal development, setting personal career objectives, monitoring your performance and measuring the achievement of your objectives.
- Any other projects or tasks relevant to the team or department as directed by the Operations Managers.Actively support colleagues and managers to promote a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and professional work environment.
- Lead or support projects and implement change in-line with HCML’s Strategic & Quality ObjectivesAttend and engage with HCML’s in-house CPD and case clinic sessions as both attendee and facilitator as required.
Qualifications and Training
- Degree qualified in a health /rehab related field such as Sports Rehabilitation, Psychology, Sports Therapy
- A minimum of 1 year of clinical /hands on experience. This can be through voluntary work and placements
- A recognised clinical qualification in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, etc. (desirable)
- Extensive experience of human anatomy and physiology, common personal injuries and rehabilitation methods – specifically a working knowledge of orthopaedic injuries, common psychological disorders and common management/treatment techniques of both
- A working knowledge of red & yellow flags and their impact on treatment
- A working knowledge of the interaction of mental and physical health in rehabilitationAn understanding of utilising clinical skill set to assess individual with personal injury and then employ clinical judgement and justification to assist with the ongoing management of their rehabilitation
- Previous experience in the undertaking of professional report writing and subsequent GDPR compliant dissemination
- An understanding of NHS and Social Services provisions with relation to rehabilitation (desirable)>18+ months experience of personal injury rehabilitation market and prior experience of having worked in the same market sector (desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient keyboard and computer skills to navigate and utilise HCML’s service delivery and support software programmes
- Ability to independently manage own task list/cases within agreed timeframesA willingness to go ‘above and beyond’ for the customer and client
- Accuracy in case noting, data entry and message takingExcellent attention to detail
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to adapt and a willingness to learn
- The role requires a caring and empathetic individual who is able to work autonomously and also as a key team member. They will also need to be calm, efficient, and professional. Ability to have difficult discussions with clients and stakeholders as required (desirable)
- Responsible for directing the workload of rehabilitation assistants /case coordinators (desirable)